A complete eye surgery set made by Weiss of London. All instruments are original to the case. The case is black leather with a plush maroon interior. The instruments are ivory handled and signed. The set belonged to Dr. W. H. Burland of Montreal, Canada who graduated from McGill University School of Medicine and who went on to become House Surgeon for General Hospital. The silver cartouche on the lid is engraved with his name. The case includes a card with his name signed by him and there is a multitude of paper ephemera that is included with the set as well as a tin type picture of the Dr. holding a human skull in his lap. Circa 1875 -1880.