This brass corned box contains a complete set of Sharp & Smith ebony handled instruments. There is also a packet of needles with the name Sharp & Smith at the address 73 Randoph. They were at this address from 1883 - 1889. However, the label in the lid of the box is from Shepard & Dudley at the address 150 William St. They were at this address from 1878 -1894.
This set was probably being sold by Shepard & Dudley as the distributor as the era 0of sterilization was being ushered in . Circa 1883 - 1894.